Before talking to District 2 school board member Dr. Chris Kolb, the show tackles a terrible NYT profile of a neo-Nazi and a bizarre column by a “think tank” director advocating a pointless state takeover of JCPS.
Notes on Episode 3:
- Terrible NYT profile of Ohio neo-Nazi
- Excellent Atlantic parody of terrible NYT profile
- Jamil Smith’s apt tweet about the excess of banality and lack of evil
- Reveal/Investigative Fund report about right-wing terror attacks in the U.S.
- Asheville airport bomber from October 2017
- Rolling Stone article on Alan Berg
- The history of “lügenpresse“
- Jordan Harris calls for state takeover of JCPS
- Median household income level of Kentucky counties via kidscount.org
- JCPS Data Books
- Jordan Harris blames universities for the opioid crisis