Another week, another threat against the free press from the President of the United States. The show starts with a discussion of Trump’s latest proposal to “open up libel laws” so that petulant politicians can sue watchdog media organizations into oblivion.
Notes on Episode 10:
- NYT: Trump renews pledge to “take a strong look” at libel laws
- Reuters: Stung by Wolff book, Trump calls for stronger U.S. libel laws
- NPR: Trump’s lawyer sues Buzzfeed over Russian dossier
- National Review: The litigious — and bullying — Mr. Trump (about his loss to Tim O’Brien in court)
- Washington Post: Trump: A True Story (more on Trump’s failed lawsuit)