This week, two guests discuss the education-related outcomes from the 2018 Kentucky General Assembly. We hear from union member, retired firefighter, and current educator Ronel Brown. Gay Adelmann also returns to the show. But first, we discuss Governor Matt Bevin’s attack on teachers and his hamfisted non-apology.
Notes on Episode 22:
- Video of Bevin’s attack on teachers (via Marcus Green on Twitter)
- CNN was one of several national outlets that reported on Bevin’s comments
- Amanda Stamper’s by-the-book concern trolling
- Kate Fryar’s point-by-point takedown of Bevin’s attack
- The Guardian: Secret right-wing strategy to discredit teacher strikes
- Sourcewatch: Who funds State Policy Network?
- Courier Journal: Everyone is watching Bevin gain fame in national politics but no one knows why